Friday, March 8, 2013

Repurposing

When I first started this blog, it was primarily for personal ramblings (and quickly died like most blogs did back then).  Today I am "reviving" it for a new purpose: personal ramblings about technology in education.  I still love the the "Uncommonly Common" concept and will be applying that to my rambligs about education and technology used in education.  I am an IT guy by trade, but an educator at heart.  I first went to college wanting to end up in standing at the front of a math classroom.  The course of my interests and carrer took me another direction, but I still have a passion for the learning process and a disdain for the abuse of technology used improperly in education.  Technology is not education's savior.  The most powerful force in education always has been and always will be a passionate teacher who inspires others to be more passionate about their subject than they are.  Let's see if we can kindle that spark in more people, because the next generation always has and always will need it.

(So feel free to laugh at old posts beyond this point.  They are glimpses of my personality and a sort of "memory lane" for me.  One part of me says to delete them and move on, but the pack rat in me is content to leave those dust covered posts for what they are.)

No comments: